Friday, May 16, 2008

I´m in Canoa!

This weekend I´m in Canoa, which is a beach town, but so far, no sun. Tomorrow I might go visit the other organic farm that I´m thinking about volunteering at later. There are so many things to think about doing. I´m trying to just take things one at a time. I have decided to leave La Hesperia for a bit to take Spanish classes in Cuenca and stay with a family. That seems like the best way to really learn. So yeah, this will be my last week at La Hesperia, for now at least.

A whole bunch of new volunteers arrived this week. We were up to 15 (4 Americans, 1 Brit, 1 Australian and 9 Canadians), but two of the Americans left this weekend. Another group of kids are coming next week, so that should be fun. On Monday I harvested coffee, which was interesting. My plants are doing well, so that´s nice.

I´m putting up new photos, but I´m not sure if I´ll have time to label them or not.

I should have more consistent internet access in Cuenca, which will hopefully mean more detailed and carefully written posts.

2 comments:

Carol and Bill said...

Hi Katie! Sounds like your adventure has been fun so far... congratulations on getting the veggies up and running! I'm thrilled you'll be doing some immersion Spanish-learning and can't wait to hear about your stay with a family. Uncle Bill and I send love-
AC

cnrosenb said...

KATE! Everything that you're doing sounds great. I'm so jealous that you'll really get to practice your Spanish while you're out there - I know that I really could've benefited from doing that when I was studying espanol. Oh well :) Have fun, love your posts and you!
xoxoxox, Claireee